This page will discuss the organization of this website. We engage in this discussion partially to help navigate the site and partially to show the beautiful intricacy and depth of the website construction. The large amount of information on this website needed to be arranged in a “user friendly” manner with banners, headings, graphics and videos. The website is divided into the Sections and Subsections that follow certain patterns in order to organize a large amount of information about the following: our services, our office, our biannual essay contest scholarship, how to contact our office and content regarding our areas of practice. Below is an explanation of the site, its themes, approach and structure.
The theme of the web site is CREATIVE LEGAL SOLUTIONS TO DEBT CHALLENGES. The approach of the web site to convey this theme is a combination of:
1) Content – Original content that is informative, detailed but colorful, that connects the law and strategy of debt solutions in a manner that makes it innovative, exciting and brings the area to life. The content, which rich, is well organized and updated. The goal of the content is to EXPLAIN IN A USER-FRIENDLY, PLAIN-LANGUAGE BUT DYNAMIC AND CLEVER MANNER, complex, multi-faceted areas that intersect, overlap allow for many options as to debt solutions.
2) Illustrations -The larger banner style illustrations are found in a slide show on the HOME page and on the tops of all the major section pages. Smaller illustrative icons are placed before many of the paragraphs to add charm and context to the content. The approach of the illustrations is to show a COLLABORATIVE, ENERGETIC, AND THOUGHTFUL TEAM APPROACH.
The site was rewritten and reworked during the Covid-19 Pandemic when human interaction was minimized, the spirit of people was deflated and everything seemed dark, depressed and cold. It was during this dismal time that many of our legal services had a lower demand and it became much more challenging to survive as a law office. My office survived because as a team we stuck together, adapted, toughened and had faith that things would improve. We endured together and climbed out of some difficult times. This positive, creative and informative website was recreated during very challenging times when values, people and organizations were tested to their core. As a law firm we also were tested during this time and we came out stronger…. as much better attorneys and legal staff …..but more importantly as much better human beings.
I DEDICATE THIS WEB SITE TO MY STAFF… who are like my SECOND FAMILY….loyal, dedicated, hard working and brilliant. THANK YOU GANG… You are the Best….I really appreciate your spirit, camaraderie, energy and talent. I admire your patience and perseverance. I admire your kindness, your sympathy and your understanding of the unfortunate. You never faltered during the recent tough times, just as you never became arrogant during our previous good times. Because we had to learn how to “dance through the rain”…. we will find that we will be able to soar when the sun again shines. I have faith that our best days are coming and are ahead of us!!
I love how together we make our small corner of the universe AMAZING and a better place for our clients!!! You, like myself love to advocate for the underdog….for those who started to lose, got used to losing and now feel that they were destined to lose. We WIN for these people….and they and we are sometimes shocked but always elated when we WIN!!!….when David repeatedly beats Goliath. We win for our clients and for ourselves because we believe in ourselves and in our collective abilities.
You make so many lives better…. including mine. I thank G-d everyday for being so fortunate to work with such a great co-workers and friends. You, my fearless cohorts, compadres and co-conspirators are the spirit of our incredible law firm…. you have inspired me to write and rebuild this website on many rainy, cold days knowing that the sun is starting to shine again and will be very bright and warm.
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!
// Signed, Ron Weiss, President and Owner of Law Offices of Ronald D. Weiss P.C.
In the following Sections: HOME (the 1st page and 1st Section), ABOUT (the 2nd Section) , SERVICES (the 4th Section) and the VIDEO (present on every page) we give information and an overview of all of our services with a different perspective and approach. Our services include:
In the following Sections: ABOUT (2nd Section) , LOCATIONS (5th Section) and TESTIMONIALS (6th Section) we give information about our staff, about our attorneys, about Ronald D. Weiss, about our firm, our main and branch locations and about what our clients think of us. Our staff and attorneys are divided into departments that deal with debt solutions in different manners. Each department brings forth a different type of manner of debt resolution. Here are the departments:
Our locations are divided into the following:
Our Melville location is where most of our staff work, see clients and engage in in-office consultations. However, most of our communication with clients, other attorneys and the courts is by phone, email, zoom and/or on-line court filing of documents. The Melville location is centrally located on Route 110 (otherwise known as Walt Whitman Road), north of the Northern State Parkway and is easy to find on the East side of Route 110, south of the Walt Whitman Mall. The building is bright green and looks like the illustration to the right of this description. The branch locations below, located in Nassau and Suffolk Counties and in Queens and Brooklyn are by appointment only.
Mineola Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
34 Willis Ave. Mineola,
Uniondale Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
626 RexCorp Plaza
Uniondale, NY 11556
Valley Stream Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
70 East Sunrise
Valley Stream, NY 11581
Hicksville Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
100 Duffy Ave Suite 510,
Hicksville, NY 11801
Rockville Centre Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
41 N Village Ave,
Rockville Centre, NY 1157
Manhasset Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
1129 Northern Blvd
Manhasset, NY 11030
Freeport Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
42 Guy Lombardo Ave #210C,
Freeport, NY 11520
Bohemia Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
80 Orville Drive
Suite 100, Rm 225
Bohemia, NY 11716
Hauppauge Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
150 Motor Parkway
Suite 401, Rm 424
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Riverhead Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
30 W Main St,
Riverhead, NY 11901
Amityville Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
Amityville, NY 11701
Hamptons Branch Office Location (By appointment only)
Southampton Office Suites,
33 Flying Point Road, Suite 131,
Southampton NY 11968
Queens Location – Fresh Meadow Business Center,
61-43 186 Street,
Fresh Meadows, Ny 11365
Brooklyn Location – Brooklyn Executive Office Suites
44 Court Street, Suite 1217
Brooklyn, NY 11201 4Corners Business Centers (Brooklyn)
Initial contact and free legal consultation with our office can of course be by phone, email, zoom and/or by an in person initial free legal consultation. The means to expedite these are by the following:
1) Main Sections of the Website and Their Subsections – This is the most detailed and lengthy approach to each each topic. In this section we go into detail about every topic and subdivide it into subsections and subtopics which are also detailed. The Main Sections of the Website are topics that appear on the Services portion of the website, and all have their own brown buttons (ie, “BANKRUPTCY SOLUTIONS”). Usually there are several pages for subsections and each is divided by subtopics. For example the main Bankruptcy Section, has an initial page which discusses Bankruptcy in General. However the General Bankruptcy Section is divided into Subsections as represented by brown buttons on the top right portion of the Bankruptcy page or on the pull down menu on the top rule. The Subsections for the Bankruptcy Section, otherwise called BANKRUPTCY SOLUTIONS are: Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 13, Subchapter V, Adversary Proceedings, Contested Proceedings, and Bankruptcy Appeals.
2) Quick Links Portion of the Website – This is the middle approach to each topic, in terms of detail and length. In this section we go into some limited detail but also have divided the topics into the questions that people may ask. However, the Quick Links portion of the site approaches subjects topically (more like the Main Section) as opposed to thematically (like the the FAQs Section below). For example the Bankruptcy Quick Links area asks some basic questions like: “What are the benefits of bankruptcy?” “What are the alternatives to bankruptcy?” “Are there different types of bankruptcy?” “What is Chapter 7?” “What is Chapter 13?”. While some of these questions seem to be similar to the Subsections of the BANKRUPTCY SOLUTIONS Section (ie the Quicklinks for Chapters 7 and 13 seem similar to the Subsections on Chapters 7 and 13), the approach in the Quick Links Portion of the Website is to give quicker, more succinct answers without all the detail and nuances.
3) FAQ’s Section of the Website – This is the least detailed and shortest approach to each topic. Because we totally rely on the hypothetical client’s voice to structure our questions, the issues are dealt with thematically and are not as well organized by subject matter within each subject area. For example in the bankruptcy area, questions are asked without being specific to a particular chapter of the Bankruptcy Code (Chapter 7, 11 or 13) and without going into the specifics of the situation. “What are the Potential Advantages of Bankruptcy?”, “Should I File for Bankruptcy?” “What are My Other Options Other than Bankruptcy?” These are the types of questions clients would ask regardless of the specifics of a situation which may change the answer to each of these questions. Yet, here in the FAQ’s Section it is our goal to address questions from the point of view of the client.
4) Blogs Section of the Website – This Section hones in and goes into more depth in terms of the law or strategy in an specific area which is usually newsworthy, changing or of current interest due political/economic/legal changes or changes in the reader’s circumstances that make the specific area covered an area of potential interest for many persons. The articles in this area overlap many areas of law topically and brings them together in a practical manner that speaks to the average non-lawyer reading the blog looking for instruction in an area of concern. For example a Blog on the following:
“How Can I Stop the Bank from Foreclosing on My House?
If you live in New York and your bank has started the foreclosure process, this what you need to know. With the end of the various foreclosure moratoriums, if you are behind on your mortgage payments, your lenders have the right to start foreclosure preceding against you. There are 10 steps to a foreclosure process in New York. In each step, there are ways to stop the process, or at least mitigate the damage.”
Since 2013 our law office has been administering a scholarship based on an essay contest in an area dealing with financial hardship: bankruptcy, foreclosure, landlord-tenant law and/or debtor-creditor rights. The winning essays and pictures of the students receiving the scholarship are posted. The essay for years was a yearly contest with one winner in the amount of $2,500. After the Covid-19 pandemic, our office realized that the situation for young individuals struggling to obtain an education was becoming tougher and we decided to expand the scholarship contest. Starting in 2021 the scholarship changed from a yearly contest to a biannual essay contest held twice a year in the Spring and in the Fall of each year. Due to the large number of excellent essays that we had been receiving, we also wanted to recognize more talented students by expanding the winners of the contest, from one winner of $2,500. to three (3) winners for each contest. Now both in the Spring and Fall contests we have a 1st prize of $2,500., a 2nd prize of $1,000. and a 3rd prize of $500. Therefore, the total amount we now give in scholarship funds has expanded from $2,500. per year to $8,000. per year. We made the decision to expand the scholarship at a time my office itself was on austerity and struggling due to an almost two year moratorium on foreclosures and evictions, where defending against these was formerly a large part of our business. The lawyers in our office enjoy reading a judging the essays and it warms our hearts to know that there is a bright future with many talented students enrolling for college and higher education. We particularly like to see how students advocate for a position and how they organize and analyze complex issues. At the end the future of our country and of the world will be in the hands of those that are our young people today. This is our small window to shape our future: to make it better, smarter, fairer and more just. Therefore in our own small corner of the universe we put a significant effort into this scholarship. We did this when times where not always great for us. We expect things to get better as we recover from the pandemic and when they do, we may expand the scholarship further. In the meantime we are very proud of all the contestants over the years, their effort and especially the effort of the past winners of essay contests. Now, we can proudly display the work of six (6) winning students with six winning essays each year.
The several “busy hands” on each banner page, interacting with many colorful icons showing the different options that we offer within an area of practice, are meant to resemble an active meeting around a conference room table, with our lawyers and staff working with our clients on deciding on a plan of action for the client’s particular financial and legal challenges. Great collaboration within our office and with our clients to get any job done is critical to our overall method. Despite the subject matter of the website, which is legally resolving financial hardship, our law office has always approached the financial challenges that we tackle, as a group with a positive, high-spirited, out-of-the- box, but informative and effective approach. The different options in the areas in which we practice are like tools with which to deal with our clients’ debt issues. Depending on the client’s particular issues and challenges, as a group, and with the client, we strategize as how to optimally utilize the different legal tools to best meet our client’s goals.
The graphics are intended to convey the dynamic, high-energy, spirited, brain storming sessions that are characteristic of how our office approaches any legal challenge. These Graphics are divided into the following:
This is an incredible website for an incredible law office.
We have been around for a long time, since 1993, and have survived both hard times and good times. This last Covid-19 pandemic was particularly challenging for our law firm. Although we normally deal with debt solutions and help others survive, during the pandemic and the resulting moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures, we ourselves had a tough time surviving. Yet we did. It was during the bleakest times of the pandemic that this website was completely restructured. The result was the website in front of you, of which we are very proud. From the content, to the style, to the graphics, everything is well thought-out, full of high positive energy, brimming with options and legal tools for every situation and exuding an optimistic creativity about finding potential solutions for our clients.
Good luck to you and thank you for visiting our website and this page.
Our legal consultations are free, so we hope to hear from you shortly. We can evaluate your situation via, phone, email or zoom, with the result that we will together with you determine which options can best help your situation.
Please call us at (631) 823-7182, or e-mail us at email@example.com for a free consultation to discuss your legal options in greater detail.